Write a review
- 3 cups Pizza Crust & French Bread Mix
- 1 yeast packet or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 2/3 cups of warm water
- 4 egg whites (egg free omit eggs and add 1/3 cups warm water)
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Combine pizza mix, yeast, egg whites, oil, vinegar and water on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer dough into a large pastry bag (or plastic bag).
- Pipe dough into the shape of several large pretzels onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Loosely cover and immediately place in freezer (do not let the dough rise).
- Allow dough to freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When ready, remove dough from freezer.
- On the stovetop, over high heat, bring 12 cups water and 2 Tbsp of white sugar to a boil.
- Place frozen pretzels into sugar water one at a time for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a well-greased baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with rock salt (if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (depending on size).
- Soft pretzels will last for up to a week on the counter in a sealed container. Pretzels can also be frozen.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/