Pizza Crust & French Bread
Write a review
- * 492 g or 17.4 oz Pizza/French Bread mix (3 cups)
- 1 yeast packet or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 2/3 cups of warm water
- 4 egg whites (egg free omit eggs and add 1/3 cups warm water)
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- *weight of mix is a preference over cup method
- Mix pizza mix, yeast, egg whites, oil, vinegar and water on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer to pans sprayed with nonstick spray and cover with plastic wrap sprayed with nonstick spray
- Let rise until doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Spread onto 2 pizza pans and make several small slits in dough.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to add toppings.
- Bake for additional 10 – 12 minutes.
- For crispier crusts, return to oven after adding toppings without a pan.
- Optional: Add 1 Tbsp Italian herbs to the mix.
- Pipe dough into french bread pans.
- Make diagonal slashes on top for a classic french bread look
- Smooth out the top of the bread with plastic wrap sprayed with no-stick spray, let rise.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Pull out of pans and cool on cooling racks for crispy crusts.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/