Banana Cream Pie
Write a review
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups vanilla rice milk or milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp dairy free margarine (Nucoa) or butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups of Sugar Cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine (Nucoa)
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs (egg free- omit eggs & add 2 tsp egg replacer dissolved in 1/3 cup water & 1/2 tsp vanilla)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter or margarine (Nucoa)
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine 3/4 cup white sugar, 3 Tbsp corn starch and1/4 tsp salt.
- While stirring slowly, add 2 cups vanilla rice milk or milk.
- Stir constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Cook for 2 additional minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of mixture with 3 well-beaten egg yolks. Immediately add egg mixture to hot filling mixture.
- Return pan to heat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 2 Tbsp dairy free margarine (Nucoa) or butter and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Make Sun Flour Mills Sugar Cookies as directed on box, but increase bake time to 15 minutes or until cookies are crisp.
- After cookies have cooled, finely grind.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups finely ground cookies with 4 Tbsp dairy free margarine (Nucoa) or butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Press this mixture into 2, 8-9 inch pie plates.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Slice 2 bananas and place into 2 prepared pie crusts.
- Top with filling mixture.
- Add whipped cream on top if desired.
- Refrigerate until cooled, then serve.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/