Angel Food Cake
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 xanthan gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Sun Flour Mills Pastry Flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Put egg whites into a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar and flour together and set aside.
- Add cream of tarter, vanilla, and salt to egg whites. Beat on high speed. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Fold in flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into a non-greased 10-inch tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan, cool completely before removing cake from pan.
- If all the flour is added at one time, the cake will be flat and dense. This may take a few minutes but is key to getting the perfect Angel Food Cake.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/