Hearty Honey Whole Grain Sandwich Bread
Write a review
- 3 cups Sun Flour Mills Whole Grain Flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp dry active yeast
- 2 Tbsp honey, agave nectar or sugar
- 1 2/3 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 egg whites
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine flour, salt, xanthan gum and yeast.
- Once combined, add honey (or agave nectar or sugar), warm water, vinegar, oil and egg whites.
- Beat on high speed for 4 minutes or until dough is light and fluffy.
- Transfer to a large bread pan.
- Smooth top of dough with plastic wrap covered with non-stick spray.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- To enjoy later, slice then freeze bread. Freeze on the same day as baked for best taste and texture. Will last frozen for up to 3 months.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/