Creamy Crispy Doughnuts
Write a review
- 3 cups Rolls & Sandwich Bread Mix
- 1 yeast packet or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 2/3 cups of warm water
- 2 eggs (egg free omit eggs and add 1/3 cup warm water)
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup dairy free margarine (Nucoa) or butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp hot water (or as needed)
- Combine bread mix, yeast, eggs, oil, vinegar and water on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer dough into large pastry bag (or plastic bag).
- Pipe dough into the shape of several small doughnuts (about 2 inches in size) onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Loosely cover and immediately freeze for 2 hours. The dough MUST be frozen before it is handled.
- When ready to cook, take out of freezer and bake in a deep fat fryer for 5-6 minutes OR fill a large skillet with at least 1.5 inches of oil, heat on medium-high until oil temperature reaches 350 degrees (about 7-10 minutes of heating) and cook dough for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove from oil.
- While hot, roll in powdered sugar or dip in glaze
- Melt margarine or butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Remove from heat and stir in hot water (1 Tbsp at a time) until icing is thin but not watery
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/