Write a review
- 3 cups of Pizza/French Bread mix
- 1 yeast packet or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 2/3 cups of warm water
- 4 egg whites (egg free omit eggs and add 1/3 cups warm water)
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 12 cups water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Combine pizza mix, yeast, egg whites, oil, vinegar and water on high speed for 4 minutes.
- Transfer dough into a large pastry bag or Ziploc bag.
- Pipe dough into the shape of a bagel onto a well-greased baking sheet.
- Loosely cover and immediately place in freezer (do not allow to rise).
- Freeze a minimum of 2 hours. When ready to use, remove from freezer.
- On the stovetop, bring 12 cups of water and 2 Tbsp of white sugar to a boil.
- Place each frozen bagel into the sugar water bath 1 at a time for 1 minute.
- Transfer back to a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on size.
- Cooked bagels will last up to one week in a sealed container.
- To store for later use, slice then freeze. Freeze the same day they are baked for best taste and texture.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/