Apple, Cranberry, and Sausage Stuffing
Write a review
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cube dairy free margarine (Nucoa) or butter
- 3/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 apple chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 5 1/4 cups dried whole grain SunFlour Mills bread cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Bake SunFlour Mills bread as directed. Slice and then cube bread into 1/2 inch squares. Bake cubes in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until bread is well toasted.
- In a separate sauce pan over medium-high heat cook sausage, onion, and butter until well browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix lightly. Spoon into turkey to fill OR bake in 9x13 pan for 25-30 minutes, stirring once during baking. Cook for additional 2 minutes to blend flavors.
Sun Flour Mills http://www.sunflourmills.com/